“The Assumption of the Virgin Mary” Church
The “Assumption” church was built between 2006 and 2010, a triconic structure with pentagonal apses, raised by a central octagonal steeple, on a quadrangular base. Right next to the single western entrance, an antechurch was attached opened by the wall, supported by eight columns.
Built after the plans of known architects, the church refers to the ancient worship places from Moldova during the times of Ştefan cel Mare voivode.
“The Feast of the Ascension” Church
This holy church is dedicated to the saint patron of the “Ascension” in Mailat – Uricani, the third in this place, was built in 1870 at the expense of the parishioners.
It was painted in 1874 when the believers decided to renovate the sanctuary, so in 1970 the church was rebuilt from the ground. In 1979, the church was painted by the Religious Painting School graduates, from the Romanian Orthodox Patriarchate.
The Iconostasis, carved and donated, was painted in 1982 at the expense of the parish council and faithful Orthodox Christians in Uricani. It was sanctified on 27 May 1982 – dedicated to the saint patron of the Ascension.
This church is located in the west end of Petroşani Depression, on the upper path of Jiu river, in Câmpu lui Neag, village that belongs administratively to Uricani.
The village church, dedicated to the saint patron of Michaelmas has a triconic layout, with polygonal apses with three angles; the altar has a pentagonal shape.
The church was built between 1988 and 1992, when the paintings work began using the “Fresco” technique.
The current worship place succeeded a wood and brick church, with the saint patron of “Saint Nicholas “, erected by the united believers in the years 1890 to 1891.
“St. George” Church
The church dedicated to St. George the Great Martyr in Valea de Brazi, Uricani was built in 1937 and was sanctified in 29 May 1941 by Ioan Balan, the bishop of Lugoj.
Between 1972-1973, with the contribution of the believers and the help of the parish Bociat Lucian, the painting in the church was executed using the technique “Fresco in a traditional Romanian Byzantine style”.
Câmpu lui Neag Monastery The Greek – Catholic Church